Digestive Stool Analysis
Genova Diagnostics – Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis 2.0™ (CDSA 2.0) offers unique insight into overall and gastrointestinal health by assessing a combination of novel stool biomarkers.
This stool analysis evaluates:
- Digestion/Absorption Markers
- Immunology (Inflammation) Markers
- Pancreatic Enzymes, assessment of pancreatic function Immunology (Inflammation) Markers
- Calprotectin, an FDA-cleared biomarker that effectively differentiates between Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Gut Metabolic Markers
- Gut Microbiology Markers
- Gold standard O&P (ova & parasite) technology as well as EIA (Enzyme Immunoassay) for identification of common parasites
The Bacterial Overgrowth of the Small Intestine Breath Test (SIBO/BOSI) is appropriate for patients who demonstrate:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), the most commonly diagnosed gastrointestinal disorder, affecting 20% of the general population. The SIBO test aids in identifying the actual cause of IBS. Studies suggest that as many as 50-75% of patients with IBS have SIBO/BOSI, as demonstrated by hydrogen breath testing.
Unexplained abdominal symptoms, especially gas and bloating.
The inability to tolerate sweet or starchy foods, fiber, or friendly flora supplements.